From Louise Yamada
After 25 years at Smith Barney / Citigroup and 15 years independent as LY Advisors, LLC., in December 2020, I decided to retire from my monthly publishing deadlines. I have enjoyed the markets' challenge and hope we have served clients well with market direction and education in Technical Analysis to provide both safe passage and opportunity through the years. Note some key calls below.
I remain available for Portfolio Review Consulting requests and Educational events.
This Website will remain available for Announcements, Writings, etc... Likewise, my email address,
firstname.lastname@example.org will remain intact.
I hope to compile a collection of Special Features and Educational pieces,
posting details on this website.
Our colleague of 27 years, Jonathan Lin,
has begun a monthly analytical Technical Analysis report for clients, to which I may contribute ad hoc.
His new company is JTL Market Technicals LLC.
Jonathan can be contacted at email@example.com along with his CV.)
The Technical mission remains unchanged: Objectives include analysis of the US equity markets and stocks,
identifying "Buy and Sell Signals;" identification of S&P Sector / Industry outperformance / underperformance;
shifts in leadership; US interest rate analysis, along with the US dollar, other Currencies, Energy and
Metals complexes; risk management for preservation of capital; inter-market relationships; Educational Pieces, Special Features and Think Pieces, including long-term macro historical perspectives.
Louise Yamada, CMT
Louise is a Chartered Market Technician (CMT) and a member of the Charted Market Technicians Association, the American Association of Professional Technical Analysts and for years, the Financial Women's Association. Louise appeared as a special guest on "Louis Rukeyser's Wall Street" and appeared frequently on Bloomberg TV and Radio, CNBC and BNN TV as well as in print and online media including Barron's, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Yahoo Finance and the Financial Times. She had been a frequent guest speaker at conferences and organizations.
Louise's Important Calls / Special Features at LYAdvisors have included:
- June 2019: New bull market for gold.
- February 2017: U.S. Stock Market Piercing 20,000 With New Breakouts. The advance should continue.
- May 2015: Correction on the Horizon
- Early 2014: Energy sector breaks six-year Relative Strength support ... Structural Bear
- January 2013: Gold depicting two-year Top
- February 2010: Setting the Stage: Preparing a Mind Set for a New Structural Rising Interest Rate Cycle
2010 Demographics, Equities and the Long Wave Cycle
2010 Commodities: Inflationary Forces Still Moving to consumer Essentials
- September 2009: Gold - Anatomy of a Bottom; Long-Term Momentum Buy Signals Complete; The
Structural Bull Journey - History
- 2008: U.S.Stock Market ... Next Leg Down
- 2008: Financials Decline is a Long- Term Structural Event - Relative Strength multi-year top warning.
- 2008: Expectations of a Structural Bear Market
- 2007: Anatomy of a Top
- 2007 Financials Sector Bull Market Over
- 2007 NASDQ New Leaders - Technology
- 2006: Long Shadows on the U.S. Dollar (losing reserve status?)
- 2005: A "Less Americentric" World; Bull Bear Hybrid
- 2004: Alternate Hypothesis; could the 2000-2002-2008 equity market track the 1929-1932-1938- stock market? (It did.)